Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Travel

The flight from LA to Dusseldorf was sooooooooo long, about ten hours. And the seats are not as comfortable as one might think they would be. I suppose that's just my spoiled Americanness talking though. I did however get to watch four movies, three of which I had never seen. So that was cool. I tried to sleep but couldn't whatsoever. The clouds though, looked so cool. I love seeing the clouds from that high up. Beautiful. I sat next to a nice guy, named Eric. He was very excited for me. We talked on and off throughout the trip so that was nice.

The airport in Germany was confusing. I didn't know my gate number, all I knew was the letter, so I kept checking the screens but they had so many flights that I didn't find out my number until 5:05. I had to board at 6. I may have been freaking out a little bit. Then as I was sitting where I was supposed to be time kept ticking by and it got to be 6:15 and no one was at our desk and they hadn't announced anything in English about a change in gate number, I have no idea if they did in German. I was really freaking out at this point. Luckily I saw some people sitting around me go ask someone and walk over to the next gate. So I went to look at the screen over there and sure enough that was where we were. And even though we boarded late we left on time.

That flight was much shorter. Only an hour and fifteen minutes. Once I could start seeing Denmark I started getting so excited. I was smiling so much. It is beautiful. We had already begun our descent so I was able to see a lot of it. There was a lot of greenery. Everything I hoped it would be. Although, a funny thing happened. As we landed, I caught myself singing "God Bless America" in my head. I guess my head didn't want me to forget my true loyalties =)

The airport in Copenhagen is so cool! I liked it a lot. There was much more English and Danish that I understood, so I didn't feel overwhelmed like I did in Germany. The only complaint I have is that Denmark did not stamp my passport. Klaus said that since Germany did and they have an agreement I didn't need anything in Denmark. =( I want a Danish one. Oh well though, maybe I can ask for one at some point.


Klaus was there waiting for me after I picked up my baggage. Unlike America, the waiting area for non fliers is after the baggage claim. I was a little afraid that I wouldn't recognize him or something had happened and I would have no way to get a hold of anyone but he was there. Unfortunately it was dark as we drove through Denmark but I loved all the trees by the freeway =) Klaus told me that there are about 40 castles just on the island where they live that we can go visit! I am so excited! He was surprised that I had never seen one before.


When we got off the freeway I could see some of the houses and they are so cute! I love them! They're the old fashioned style and it's exactly like I pictured it. I can't wait to go exploring. Then at last we got home. Such a cute house. Nicoleta was there waiting and she was so excited to see me. She said the girls wanted us to wake them up when we got in, but we just peeked in to say hi so they could sleep. We all talked for a bit and then we went to bed. I think I'm going to like this place. =)

6 comments:

  1. YAY!! Looks like you're going to have such a fun time.. I wish I could explore with you.. just for exploration sake. You'll have to take SO many pictures so I can see what it's like.. Although I know you take lots of pictures :)I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, what an exciting adventure you're on! I'm sure the family will love you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting!!! I remember those feelings! Funny thing: I only had my passport stamped in Amsterdam and Paris. Didn't get out of the airport in either of those places! I heard you can get them stamped at post offices? Maybe? I wish I had, just to have the stamp. Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all sounds so perfect--airport scare/stress included!! Nothing like some confusion to amp things up ;) I also can't wait to see pictures of these cute houses and the town. Your airport picture is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blog... Glad you made it in safely... I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I'm glad you made it in safe! I'm seriously so excited for you! And yes, castles do sound awesome! I'm sure you'll take lots of pictures! :)
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete