Sunday, September 16, 2012

Egeskov

On Saturday we went to Egeskov slot which is a castle! It was so gorgeous and it was my first castle that I've ever been to. 



I love that it has a moat around it! It is exactly like I pictured it to be. The grounds were so beautiful. There were mazes and many relaxing gardens. I can just picture the ladies of the castle spending their days walking throughout the grounds. Especially this garden. I love this one most, and it smelled amazing! It had a ton of roses. It was heavenly.


The rooms were so cool and it was so interesting to read about the history of the rooms they showed us. People still live in this castle now. I'm not certain about when it was built but the first known owner was in 1405. That is quite an old castle. There are over 66 rooms, we were only allowed to see about 15. The rest must not be in the historic way anymore, and of course there's the fact that people are living there.


The whole time that I was walking around I was just trying to picture what people would do long, long ago. Like in the gate house to the left, my right, I could just see someone riding up their horse and getting off there. It was magical to say the least.




 On the grounds they also have this really awesome thing where you could walk through the tree-tops. It was so high and a little scary on the bridges when people were shaking them a bunch but it was so fun. Emma and I did it together and it was both of our first times! She was so brave because I could tell she was scared but she kept going and didn't cry about it.


They also have this game where you walk around on these wooden stilts. It is hard! I could barely take a couple of steps. Luckily, without moving, we were able to get a photo of me standing up straight.


They also had this really cool car museum with a ton of old cars. It was awesome. And in it they had license plates, the two I'm pointing to are from California =) The car below that is so cute. It reminds me of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.



The castle and grounds were so fun to explore. It was such an amazing day there. I cannot wait to see what else Denmark and Europe has to offer.




















1 comment:

  1. That all looks amazing! =) I love you Bekah! take a good picture of a tower where a dragon could roost!

    ReplyDelete