Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Julepynt

As per tradition, on December 1 we all went over to Klaus' mom's house to make Christmas decorations. It is such a cute, fun thing. The women go in a room and work on the decorations all day. The men make food and, if there are children that do not want to or cannot make decorations, they take care of them. We had a delicious traditional jul frokost, Christmas lunch, and then tea and cakes and then dinner. It was all very good food. I took a lot of pictures of our decoration experience, which was so fun. I think I might have to do this tradition from now on... =) We used clay and things we found in nature. His mom does this for a living so she had a ton of stuff!









Advent candles - you light one on the first Sunday of December, then two on the second and so forth.













From left to right - Emma, Klaus' mom Ingrid, the former aupair Aylin, Nicoleta, Victoria, and me =)



Starting the candle



3 comments:

  1. You get prettier each day out there! I don't know what it is, but Denmark is good to you <3 OK, so I really really really want you to wear a white dress (but that's not the most important part) and put the wreath with the white candles on your head and light them and take a picture. It would be so beautiful and classic. Please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha if I had a white dress I would. That would be pretty cool to dress up like the traditional girls. We can always make it at home and do it then =)

      Delete